Friday, December 30, 2011

Dumplin

I was adopted by my forever family in October. They didn't even know they wanted a dog until they met me. We met at a school event and when they came to visit me at the shelter, I just knew this was my chance. I showed off a little, did some of my best tricks, and gave plenty of kisses. It worked! When they brought me home, however, I soon realized I had a lot of training to do. I am their first family dog and I knew I'd have to be patient with them. They started by changing my name to Copper. I think it fits me nicely, don't you? I had to learn how to trust this new family of five, but more importantly, the true ruler of this roost: Coco the cat! They bought me yummy food, bones to chew on, and nice cozy beds to sleep in. The kids love to play tug of war with me and teaching me tricks. I can sit, lay down, roll over, shake, walk, and dance. Yes...dance. Cutely, I stand on my two hind legs and spin around like a ballerina. My family loves this! I think I might be
starting school soon, just like my kids. They say I will learn o-b-d-yents, whatever that means. Thank you Paradise Animal Rescue for helping me find my family.
Love and sloppy kisses,
Copper

No comments:

Post a Comment